Band 1 course of treatment – £20.60
This covers an examination, diagnosis (e.g. x-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealants. If you require urgent care, even if your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay Band 1 charge.
Band 2 course of treatment – £56.30
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.
Band 3 course of treatment – £244.30
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.
Patients are expected to pre-pay their NHS dental charges unless exempt. Exemptions include:
- Aged under 18
- Under 19 and receiving full-time education
- Pregnant or a mother who has had a baby in the previous 12 months
You also do not have to pay if you are in receipt of:
- Income support
- Income-related Employment or Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate, or you are entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate
You will be asked to provide written proof that you can claim, free, all or part of your NHS treatment.
For paying NHS patients we accept cash, cheque, debit or credit cards (except American Express).
We would appreciate 24 hours notice when cancelling any appointment as this may be needed by another patient.